Progressive Turnout Project (PTP) seeks Field Representatives in Columbus, Ohio, for upcoming special elections and the November 6, 2018 midterm elections. This is a great, entry-level position for people of all types with a passion for politics. Field Representatives will mobilize specific communities of voters in an effort to increase voter turnout, elect Democrats, and resist the Trump agenda.
Field Representatives are the face of PTP’s effort to connect with targeted Democratic voters and get them to the polls. The ideal candidate is comfortable going door-to-door in a variety of neighborhoods to have conversations with likely Democratic voters. On-the-job training in messaging and voter contact techniques will be provided. Full and part-time schedules available.
- Communicate with assigned voters in a community via door-to-door canvass, phone, and text
- Secure commitments to vote and assist voters in making a vote plan
- Maintain professionalism and sincerity at all times, especially when communicating with voters
- Reports to District Director
- Other duties as needed
- Passion for electing Democrats and progressives
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and goals
- Access to reliable transportation (daily travel within district required)
- Previous political canvassing experience, either as staff or volunteer
Salary and Benefits
- $15-20 per hour (based on qualifications and experience)
- Employer-sponsored health insurance
- Transportation stipend
- Full- or part-time
Progressive Turnout Project is a grassroots Political Action Committee with a single mission: get Democrats to the polls. PTP designs, tests, and executes specialized voter turnout programs targeting inconsistent Democratic voters in the most competitive districts in the country. PTP currently has invested more than $600,000 in 10 Virginia House of Delegate districts. In the 2016 cycle, the group raised more than $5 million from more than 93,000 donors and ran programs in 19 congressional races.
Progressive Turnout Project is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our country and the progressive movement. PTP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is PTP’s policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to age, color, creed, disability, economic status, ethnic identity, gender identity, national origin race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veterans status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.