Position Title: Field Director
Supervisor: Action Fund Director
Position Description: The Field Director is responsible for managing the day-to-day aspects of the OEC Action Fund’s contract organizer campaigns. Reporting to the Action Fund Director, the Field Director works with members of the staff; supervises 5 regional canvass operations run by regional directors including paid canvassers, vendors, volunteers, and interns; and manages assigned work related to the field and campaign efforts as detailed in campaign and program plans.
- Manages statewide canvass operation
- Manages field staff, contractors/canvassers, and volunteer canvass program in Ohio
- Executes training and development program for program staff and volunteers
- Coordinates volunteer actions and works with Regional Directors
- Oversees completion of daily and weekly goals, including voter registration, volunteer recruitment, retention and development, and general public persuasion and turnout contacts
- Performs daily and weekly reporting (both quantitative and qualitative)
Qualifications: At least 4 years of campaign field experience including management of canvasses, large scale volunteer programs, and phone banks that developed the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Experience and commitment to managing and developing staff and building a team
- Commitment to building pro-environment champions
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a group, solve problems and make logical conclusions in a fast paced, campaign environment
- Proficiency in VAN or VoteBuilderExperience working within environmental or social justice movement, preferred
Salary and Benefits: Compensation depends on experience and is competitive. This is full time, temporary contract position through November 2018, and is dependent on funding.
Diversity Statement: The OEC Action Fund is committed to diversity. We seek to hire staff and contractors that reflects the diverse communities and perspectives that comprise Ohio. Qualified candidates of all backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply.
The OEC Action Fund prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, and any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Application Instructions: Send your cover letter, resume, sample campaign plan, and references to careers@theOEC.org with “Field Director” in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
About the OEC Action Fund: The Ohio Environmental Council Action Fund is a 501(c)(4) organization that seeks to protect and enhance the environment and the health of all Ohio communities by holding policymakers accountable, advancing critical priorities, and electing environmental champions. Find out more at www.OECActionFund.org.