Now Hiring for Our 2017 Civic Engagement Program!
We’re looking for an authentic, talented and resourceful Civic Engagement Regional Field
Organizer who is passionate about building grassroots political power for young people in Ohio
through political field organizing. The OSA Civic Engagement Field Organizer will be in charge
of running local voter registration program and building a team of volunteers. This position
offers tremendous opportunity for leadership, innovation, teamwork and professional and
political development. The right applicant will have experience building and manages teams,
the ability to spark conversations with strangers, build and manage relationships, has an eye for
strategy and structure, and is detailed-oriented and able to plan events.
Formed in 2012, OSA is a statewide multiracial, multiclass organization led by young people. OSA
exists to build progressive grassroots political power for social, economic and racial justice in Ohio.
On 9 campuses, and in 4 communities in Ohio, we use issue and electoral organizing and
momentum-driven direct action organizing, as tools to organize a progressive political bloc of young
people in Ohio to reclaim the story of our state, and transform public policy.
What We’re Looking For
- An authentic, grounded person with a strong sense of why they organize, and a deep commitment to building power for young people
- Strong communicator; one who communicates consistently and clearly and is able to break down complicated subjects into understandable lessons
- A highly organized person (seriously), who is able to work independently, able to work as a part of a team, and able to work under pressure
- Able to to handle high pressure situations with strict goals and deliverables
- Passion and experience tackling issues affecting young people, especially, economic justice, criminalization, educational justice, and voting rights
- A relational person who empowers and develops young leaders
- Self-starter who shows strong initiative and is committed to personal growth
- Effective written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work nontraditional hours on a regular basis & campaign hours during election season
- Comfortable working on campus with students
Relevant Software & Tools
● Google Docs/Sheets
● Car and Phone