Ohio Deputy Field Director – Top Targeted Statewide Campaign
For Our Future Action Fund and For Our Future, is seeking a full-time Deputy Field Director for an aggressive organizing, communications, and paid canvassing program. They will be responsible for executing the statewide field plan, political organizing, regional communications, and supervision of paid canvasser operation(s) within their assigned region. They will report directly to the Field Director.
For Ohio’s Future is a project of For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”), a non-profit social welfare organization, & For Our Future (“FOF”), a federally registered independent expenditure political action committee that incorporates both issue advocacy and electoral programming, respectively. We are a people-driven organization committed to serving progressive values and causes. We are committed to mobilizing working families on creating shared economic prosperity, building strong public schools, addressing climate change and supporting racial justice. We are committed to investing and growing the progressive infrastructure. For Our Future is seeking part-time interns in Ohio to assist our operations staff in advancing the mission of our organization.
- Sending out detailed daily priorities lists to assigned staff with goals, metrics, and assignments for the day.
- Ensuring that daily, weekly, and monthly goals are met and exceeded.
- Conduct extensive coaching and development with staff on best practices for organizing, paid canvassing recruitment and training.
- Ensuring that all required reporting is accurate and timely and that all regional data is entered on time.
- Monitoring metrics within each assigned region including knocks per shifts, flake rate, completion rate, confirmation rate; implementing rigorous systems to meet assigned goals associated with this metrics.
- Assisting with staff recruitment, on boarding, and training.
- Representing the campaign at community events and meetings when advised by the campaign.
- At least three cycles of competitive field experience.
- Strong knowledge of Votebuilder/VAN
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel. Basic computer literacy, database skills, and access to a reliable portable computer.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours in a fast paced, metrics driven work environment.
- Must have reliable access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure while handling multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.
- Strong coaching skills and abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to successfully relate to voters and volunteers from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Winning mentality
- Commitment to the Mission – Dedication to grassroots, local organizing and empowering state/local organizations to lead our work. Understanding of local community-based organizations and respect for their leaders and programs.
- Health Insurance Coverage – 95% Employer Paid and 5% Employee
- Retirement Savings Plan with matching contributions up to the first 5%
- $100 Monthly Cellphone Bill Reimbursement
- 10 Days Paid Time Off granted at the start of every new calendar year, as well as all paid federal
For Our Future is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, military service, veteran status or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law.