Ohio Data Manager – Top Targeted Statewide Campaign
For Our Future Action Fund and For Our Future, is seeking a full-time Data Manager to identify, collect, and analyze the technologies and metrics needed to make strategic, data-driven decisions to fulfill our state plan. They will be responsible for executing the state plan, maintain data integrity and working extensively with the field team on all data need. They will report directly to the Field Director.
For Ohio’s Future is a project of For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”), a non-profit social welfare organization, & For Our Future (“FOF”), a federally registered independent expenditure political action committee that incorporates both issue advocacy and electoral programming, respectively. We are a people-driven organization committed to serving progressive values and causes. We are committed to mobilizing working families on creating shared economic prosperity, building strong public schools, addressing climate change and supporting racial justice. We are committed to investing and growing the progressive infrastructure. For Our Future is seeking part-time interns in Ohio to assist our operations staff in advancing the mission of our organization.
- Act as the liaison between FOF and partner organizations on the use of voter contact tools and assist them in integrating appropriate voter contact and data tools into their engagement programs.
- Work with the Field Director and national team to operationalize voter universes for voter contact programs.
- Train partners and FOF staff on: VAN and other tools, reporting, targeting techniques (including the use of statistical models), and best practices for using data.
- Produce reports and other materials needed to track, support, and coordinate FOF and partner work.
- Set and manage reporting standards.
- Assist FOF staff and partners in facilitating and executing experiments.
- Employ best practices for data management using the organization’s voter file software.
- Prepare ad hoc program analysis for the Field Director as needed.
- Work with partner organizations to establish and maintain best practices and standards for data collection, data acquisition, and preservation.
- Function as part of a national data team to build and maintain the shared state and national data infrastructure necessary to support partner program work.
- Work with the Field Director and partner organizations to set quantitative program goals, allocate resources, and build reports/analysis to hold FOF and partners accountable to those goals.
- At least 2 election cycles of field organizing, data, or other direct voter contact programs.
- Extensive experience with VAN (Votebuilder, AV VAN, LAN) or comparable voter file volunteer management software.
- Extensive experience with Excel and Google Sheets.
- Familiarity with voter file vendors such as Catalist or Targetsmart.
- Ability to communicate and train on technical subjects to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, meeting frequent deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively, work well under pressure, be detail oriented and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, oral and written communications skills;
- Proficiency in SQL or Tableau preferred.
- Relentless dedication to the campaign’s success and willingness to work long hours and the passion to inspire others to do the same.
- Positive attitude and solution based approach in high pressure or difficult situations.
- Strong personal organization skills and a relentless dedication to follow-up.
- Commitment to the Mission – Dedication to grassroots, local organizing and empowering state/local organizations to lead our work. Understanding of local community-based organizations and respect for their leaders and programs.
- Organizer at Heart – Inclination to lead via organizing rather than by decree. Ability to build strong teams to accomplish goals without a need to bottom-line everything. Talented in coalition and team building.
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective and successful electoral plans in a data context, including targeting and reporting best practices.
- Health Insurance Coverage – 95% Employer Paid and 5% Employee
- Retirement Savings Plan with matching contributions up to the first 5%
- $100 Monthly Cellphone Bill Reimbursement
- 10 Days Paid Time Off granted at the start of every new calendar year, as well as all paid federal
For Our Future is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, military service, veteran status or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law.