The Friends of Sherrod Brown Campaign is hiring an Outreach Coordinator to assist in the development and maintenance of strong relationships with various constituencies across Ohio. This will allow the campaign to identify and engage volunteers, supporters, and issue advocates who share the same vision for Ohio that Sherrod does, and build our already strong base for 2018.
The Outreach Coordinator will:
- Lead & assist in a variety of outreach projects with various Democratic constituencies across Ohio.
- Initially work closely with the Campaign Manager, but eventually with the yet to be hired Political Director, Campaign Committee Chair, & coordinated campaign.
- Work with various constituencies to identify campaign surrogates.
- Work with various campaign departments to set up trainings for progressive organizations across Ohio who want to help Sherrod.
- Create a meaningful dialogue with progressive groups while respecting their independence.
- Link progressive groups and other constituencies to Senator Brown’s re-election campaign so they can be helpful to assure Sherrod’s re-election and help with the rest of the ticket.
- Work with fundraising team to set up low dollar fundraisers across the state to bring in additional revenue while organizing volunteers at the same time.
- Experience working with Democratic organizations, organizing, or campaigns in some capacity.
- Experience speaking in front of a crowd.
- A willingness to travel across the state.
- Ability to work collaboratively with partner organizations, complete projects under tight deadlines, and maintain a positive attitude.
Friends of Sherrod Brown is committed to an equal opportunity process for all its employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin or disability.