SE Ohio Organizer (part-time contract position)
Faith in Public Life seeks a talented SE Ohio Organizer who passionately believes that faith voices can make a difference when it comes to public policy. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, detail-oriented, and fearlessly willing to engage faith leaders of many traditions. This is the perfect position for someone with strong relationships with clergy and community leaders in SE Ohio. This position reports to FPL’s Ohio Director.
Note: This is a part-time contract position from February until November 2018
About Faith in Public Life
Faith in Public Life is a national network of 42,000 clergy and faith leaders united in the prophetic pursuit of justice and the common good. With staff in four states, we work closely with our members to take strategic moral action that impacts policy both locally and nationally. We believe that faith leaders have unique moral power to shape public debates and build more just and equitable communities.
Conduct outreach to clergy and community leaders about the major concerns facing rural and small town Ohio including opioids, criminal justice and jobs.
Regularly meet face to face with clergy, faith and community leaders
Organize events including clergy meetings, press conferences, and townhall-style community meetings.
Maintain accurate contact lists of clergy.
Conduct online research.
· Fearlessness in outreach and relationship building.
· Great attention to detail and highly organized.
· A can-do attitude.
· Experience with event planning and execution.
· Interest in working with people of all faith traditions.
This is the job for you if
• You understand rural and small town Ohio communities and care deeply about criminal justice reform.
• You are super detail-oriented and always check and double check work.
• You make friends quickly and have knack for persuading strangers to take action.
Please send your resume and cover letter to hi…@faithinpubliclife.org with SE OHIO ORGANIZER in the subject line
Faith in Public Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage candidates of all ages, colors, ethnic backgrounds, countries of origin, religions, disability status, genders, sexual orientations, and/or gender identities to apply.