Check out our video to Ohio’s Members of Congress below!
The Senate is trying to rush through a bill to end the Affordable Care Act and potentially strip health insurance from millions of Americans. While negotiations have been behind closed doors, we know that Rob Portman wants to cut funding to Medicaid – the largest insurer in Ohio.
If Republicans in Congress follow through on their promise to repeal the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare), almost 1 million Ohioans could lose coverage. That’s equivalent to the number of people living in Cincinnati, Toledo, Akron and Dayton combined.
This plan to take away health coverage for millions of Ohio families includes, according to HHS:
- 2 million Ohioans who have benefited from no-cost preventive services
- 1 million Ohioans who no longer have to worry about lifetime caps
- 664,000 Ohioans who gained coverage
- 243,000 Ohioans who received tax credits for their premiums
- 81,000 Ohioans under 26 who were able to remain on their parents’ plans
There are three important ways you can make your voice heard during this critical debate!
1. Sign our Petition to Senator Portman
Before our own Senator Rob Portman votes to repeal the ACA, he owes it to Ohioans to present a replacement plan that would not cause Ohio to go backwards.
2. Share your Healthcare Story
Your voice needs to be heard. Please share your story of Medicaid, Medicare, the Children’s Health Insurance Program or the Affordable Care Act.
3. Call Senator Rob Portman’s office directly.